Postponement has been decided for the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai.
The new dates are being arranged.
Please note that the followings are the information before the postponement was confirmed.
In weightlifting, competitors lift barbells above their head with both hands, and the one who succeeds in lifting the heaviest barbell wins. Competitors are categorized into different divisions according to their body weight and compete with others in the same division.
The World Masters Games 2021 Kansai will feature two weightlifting events: the snatch, which involves gripping a barbell with both hands and lifting it above the head in one move; and the clean and jerk, which involves first lifting a barbell to the clavicles (clean) and then raising it above the head in the next move (jerk). The competitor with the highest combined score of both events wins.
Monday, 16th May - Tuesday, 24th May 2022
Amino-Value Hall ＜Naruto City, Tokushima＞
Age Groups (men)
M35, M40, M45, M50, M55, M60, M65, M70, M75, M80, M85 by all nations new voted in rule
Age Groups (women)
W35, W40, W45, W50, W55, W60, W65, W70, W75, W80, W85 by all nations new voted in rule
Bodyweight Categories (men)
55kg, 61kg, 67kg, 73kg, 81kg, 89kg, 96kg, 102kg, 109kg, +109kg
Bodyweight Categories (women)
45kg, 49kg, 55kg, 59kg, 64kg, 71kg, 76kg, 81kg, 87kg, +87kg
(1) Athletes must have achieved the qualifying standard for their age group and bodyweight category in an official event.
(2) Participation must be approved by the Member Federation of the IWF in their own country in order to check the presence or absence of sanctions.
(3) Lifting sessions will be conducted beginning with the oldest age groups first, and the youngest age groups last. Within each age group, it will begin with the lightest bodyweight category first and the heaviest last. Some bodyweight categories will be grouped together depending on the number of lifters in an age group and bodyweight category.
(4) Participants will be selected in descending order from the results table of athletes who have achieved the qualifying standard for their age group and bodyweight category in an official event.
Age Requirement(1) The minimum age to participate is 35 (born on or before 31st December 1987).
(2) In line with the sport-specific rules, an athlete must compete in their designated age group, with their age determined as of 31st December 2022.
For example, if a person is 39 during Games time but has turned 40 by 31st December 2022, that person would compete in the 40-44 age category.
[16th September 2021] Updated “ATHLETES SELECTION & PROCEDURAL RULES OF PARTICIPATION”.
[16th July 2021] Updated “World Anti-Doping Code” and “the rules of the International Masters Games Association” of Sports Information Guide.
[10th June 2021] Updated “Qualifying Standards”.
[3rd June 2021] We have released the Sports Information Guide with new schedule! Updated Qualifying Standards.
Sports Information Guide
※The above schedule was created based on the information that is current as of 1st March, 2021. It is subject to change due to various circumstances in the future.
|Location||61 Muyacho Tateiwa yonmai, Naruto City, Tokushima|
|Games Accreditation||―||Sports Check-in||◯|
|Access||・40 minutes by Shuttle bus from Tokushima Sta.
・10 minutes by car from Kobe Awaji Naruto Expressway “Naruto” Exit
Masters Village Tokushima (Tokushima Clement Plaza)
|Location||1 Terashimahonchonishi, Tokushima City, Tokushima|
|Access||It is directly connected to JR Tokushima Station. Please use the entrance of Tokushima Station. I am planning. “Conference reception and Information center” is on the 5th floor of Tokushima Clement Plaza in Tokushima Station, and “Communication Area for player and Official goods shop' is on the 4th floor of the same plaza.
After the opening hours of the plaza (20:00-21:00), please take the elevator at Tokushima
Station to the 5th floor. During business hours (10:00-20:00), please use the “Tokushima
Station Premises Entrance”, “South Side Station Aisle Entrance” or “Elevator”.