Canoe polo is a sport combining the features of handball and basketball and is played on the water by players riding one-man canoes (polo kayaks). The ball is the same as a water polo ball. Players are allowed to push the player with the ball, making it a very exciting sport.
Men: 30+, 45+
Mixed: 30+, 45+
* The age category is determined by the age of the youngest participant in the team.
* A team may make entry into a younger age category.
* If the number of entry teams is less than 3, no competition will be held.
* In this case, participating teams will be allowed to make re-entry into other categories (it is allowed to add or remove players to enter the mixed gender category or other age category).
* Double entry will be allowed (namely, one player can enter various categories), but no consideration in terms of the match schedule will be given. In addition, at least five players in a team must be single entry players.
Minimum age is 30 (as of 31 December 2022)
In line with the sport-specific rules, an athlete must compete in their designated age group, with your age determined as at 31 December 2022. For example, if you are 44 during Games time but have turned 45 by 31 December 2022, you would compete in the 45+ age category.
[1st March,2021]We have released the Sports Information Guide with new schedule!
Sports Information Guide
Biwako Motor Racing Course
Kumihama Bay Canoe Stadium
Tsuburo Lake Canoe Stadium
Naka River Wajiki Rhine
Onzui Lake Canoe Course
※The above schedule was created based on the information that is current as of 1st March, 2021. It is subject to change due to various circumstances in the future.
Onzui Lake Canoe Course
|Location||328-44 Hikihara Hagacho Shiso, Hyogo|
|Games Accreditation||Temporary Accreditation Venue：Onzui Lake Canoe Course（5/19-21）||Sports Check-in||○|
【Date and time】
a)Thursday, 19 May, 10:00 – 16:00
b)Friday, 20 May, 8:00 – 9:00
Competition venue (Onzui Lake Canoe Course)
Masters Village Hyogo
|Location||2-1 Aioicho, Chuo-ku, Kobe city, Hyogo|
|Access||・From JR Kobe Station, exit out of Central Gate, go down to the basement floor using theescalator at the south exit. The square in front of the escalator is “Duo Dome”.|
Sports Equipment Rental
* The same price will be applicable to all individual equipment.
* Payment must be made in cash (Japanese yen only) at the competition venue.
* The boats and equipment to be rented should be shared (no exclusive use is allowed).
In addition, any rented equipment must be return to the predetermined place after each use.
* It is possible not to meet participants’ request because there are limited numbers of equipment and equipment sizes.
|Rental Fee||5,000 yen /boat during the competition period|
|Sports Equipment||Equipment (paddle, life jacket, helmet, spray cover)|
|Rental Fee||5,000 yen / set, during the competition period|
|Sports Equipment||Rental Fee||Place|
|Boat||5,000 yen /boat during the competition period|
|Equipment (paddle, life jacket, helmet, spray cover)||5,000 yen / set, during the competition period|