The outline of the participation is as follows. For details, please check the Participation Terms and Conditions.
There's a possibility that contents may be modified, please check the latest version.
World Masters Games 2021 KANSAI
Organising Committee of the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai, Prefectural and Major City Organising Committees and Municipalities’ Organising Committees
（Refer to the Participation Terms and Condition for details）
Japan Sport Association, Japanese Para-Sports Association
Japan Sports Agency
(as of 1 February 2020)
- [Major Partners] *in alphabetical order
- DAIWA HOUSE INDUSTRY CO., LTD., HASEKO Corporation, MIZUNO Corporation, OPTAGE Inc., Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., WELCIA YAKKYOKU CO.,LTD.
- [Partners] *in alphabetical order
- ASICS Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sysmex Corporation
- [Supporters] *in alphabetical order
- DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, LTD., Hankyu Corporation, Iwatani Corporation, West Japan Railway Company, Kansai Airports, Keihan Holdings Co., Ltd., Kintetsu Group Holdings Co., Ltd., Kobe Steel, Ltd., Kubota Corporation, MUFG Bank, Ltd., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Nankai Electric Railway Co., Ltd., NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE WEST CORPORATION, OBAYASHI CORPORATION, Osaka Gas Co., Ltd., Rengo Co., Ltd., Resona Bank, Limited, SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED., YOSHIMOTO KOGYO CO.,LTD.
- [Media Partners]
- MAINICHI BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC., Asahi Television Broadcasting Corporation, Television Osaka, Inc., Kansai Telecasting Corporation, YOMIURI TELECASTING CORPORATION, J:COM West Co., Ltd., Kyoto Broadcasting System Company Limited, Shikoku Broadcasting Co.,Ltd., SUN TELEVISION Co.,LTD., Nikkei Inc., THE KOBE SHIMBUN, The Asahi Shimbun Company, The Mainichi Newspapers Co., Ltd., The Kyoto Shimbun Holdings, Sankei Shimbun Co., Ltd., THE YOMIURI SHIMBUN, Yahoo Japan Corporation, R-bies, INC., Twitter Japan, Inc., FM802 Co., Ltd./FM COCOLO, FM OSAKA, RADIO KANSAI,Ltd., FM-KYOTO Inc., GRAND FRONT OSAKA.
Friday, May 14, 2021 – Sunday, May 30, 2021
- Opening ceremony：Friday, 14 May 2021
- Competition duration：Saturday, 15 May – Sunday, 30 May 2021
- Closing ceremony：Sunday, 30 May 2021
The following 35 sports with a total of 59 disciplines will be held in the World Masters Games 2021 Kansai. Refer to the “Sports Information Guide” for details on the event in each discipline.
(1) Competition Rules
Participants are advised to check the competition rules which are defined in the Sports Information Guide.
(2) Competition disciplines in which persons with impairments can participate
The following are the disciplines in which persons with impairments can participate.
- a) Disciplines in which consideration is taken for disabled people
- Athletics (Track & Field, 10 km Road Race, Half Marathon), Canoe (Marathon, Dragon Boat), Cycling (Mountain Bike, BMX), Football (Football, Futsal), Ground Golf, Rugby, Sailing (Sailing), Squash, Swimming (Swimming, Artistic Swimming), Bowling, Triathlon (Triathlon, Aquathlon, Duathlon), Tug of War
- b) Disciplines in which the category for persons with impairments is provided
- Archery (Outdoor, Indoor), Athletics (Track & Field), Basketball (Wheelchair Basketball), Canoe (Marathon, Sprint), Cycling (Track, Road Race), Judo, Rowing, Shooting (Clay, Rifle), Swimming (Swimming, Artistic Swimming), Table Tennis, Tennis (Wheelchair Tennis), Triathlon (Triathlon, Duathlon), Volleyball (Deaf Beach Volleyball)
- a) Athletes can concurrently serve as a supervisor, coach, manager, etc. (Non-Playing Officials)
- b) When there is a need to enter the competition space, a participation application as a “Non-Playing Officials” must be made. Provided, however, that the category of the participation of “Non-Playing Officials” is not provided in some disciplines and the Sports Information Guide must be consulted for further details.
- c) LGBT participants must follow the Guidelines provided by International Masters Games Association.
- ・Persons who wish to participate in the Games must apply for participation through the Entry System in the official website reserved for the participation application (entry) via PC or smartphone.
- ・For application of the entry for competition, it will be first-come and first-serve basis for each event within the discipline, and will be closed when reaching competition capacity.
- ・Participants can add participation in different disciplines or options through the Entry System even after the completion of the participation procedure.
In principle, the application acceptance period for participating in the games is as follows (all in Japan time). Provided, however, that the following may not apply to some disciplines and the Sports Information Guide must be consulted. In addition, the acceptance closing date may be changed. It should be noted, that additional applications may be accepted after the entry closing depending on the disciplines. Any person who wishes to apply for participation in additional acceptance must register in the Waiting List (*).
|Participant category||Acceptance commencement date||Acceptance closing date|
【Early Entry (applicable only to TDSP members)】
Monday, 6 January 2020,10:00
Saturday, 1 February 2020, 10:00
|Sunday, 28 February 2021, 23:59|
|Team Athletes (Team representative (leader)*)|
|Team Athletes (Team member*)||Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 23:59|
- ・*1 TDSP (Team Do Sports Portal) members are those who have registered as a member with a portal site of the organising committee that provides a comprehensive sports-related service to sports minded people.
- ・To register with the TDSP (Team Do Sports Portal), see here.
- (1) Category of “Athletes (Competition Participants)”：
- Categories applicable to athletes (players).
As a general rule, persons who are 30 years of age or older and who are in a healthy state to allow them participate in the competition are eligible. Provided, however, that the details on the eligibility to participate are defined in the Sports Information Guide by discipline.
- (2) Category of “Non-Playing Officials (Persons related to the competition)”：
- Categories applicable to people who will participate in the games as a supervisor, coach, manager, etc., except Athletes in the item (1).
People with 12 years of age or older (as of 1 April 2021) are eligible.
- (3) Category of “Supporters”：
- Categories applicable to family, friends, etc, who do not take part in a competition .People with 12 years of age or older (as of 1 April 2021) are eligible.
All fees are in Japanese yen including tax and handling fees and are only for one person participating in individual competition or team competition. Payment in currencies other than in Japanese yen may vary in amount according to the exchange rate applicable at the time of payment.
|Category of participants||Basic fee
(including tax and handling fee)
|Transportation Pass||Right to participate in competition||Right to get involved in competition||Right to participate in ceremonies||Right to use various services||Participants’ kit|
|Residents in Japan||Athletes||15,000yen||need to purchase as an option||●||●||●||●|
|Residents in foreign countries||Athletes||24,000yen||●||●||●||●||●|
A person can participate in a maximum of 5 disciplines out of 59. Please note that it is the number of participating events, not the number of competitions that is counted. Also, depending on the disciplines, extra fees may be required. In addition, 2,000 yen is required for each discipline after 6 disciplines.
Neither participation application nor participation fee is required of spectators, but for reasons of the competition operation, they may not be allowed to watch games.
*The above image is for illustrative purposes.
Please check the Traffic Information.
- Payment by credit card
- The following credit cards are accepted.
VISA, Master, JCB, American Express, Diners Club, and Union Pay
- Payment at the convenience store（applicable only to residents in Japan and only payable in Japan）
- Payment can be made using the personal identification payment number at the convenience stores
(Seven-Eleven, Lawson, Family Mart, Ministop, and Seiko Mart are planned to be used, but some shops may not be used).
When a participant cancels its participation after the completion of the application procedure, due to its own reasons, its participation fee will be handled in the following manner(all in Japan time).
|Division||All amount excluding the handling fee (5% of refund)||No refund|
|Basic fee, additional fee by discipline, special additional fee of Athletes||By 23:59:59, Sunday, 28 February 2021||Monday, 1 March 2021 onward|
|Basic fee of Non-Playing Officials and supporters||By 23:59:59, Wednesday, 31 March 2021||Thursday, 1 April 2021 onward|
|Purchase cost of optional transportation pass|
*Refer to the Cancellation Policy for further details, including cancellation by the Organisers, natural disaster, etc.
The Organisers will handle personal information based on the “Personal Information Policy” in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Organisers will use personal information to provide guidance for participation in the Games, record notifications, notifications of related information, provision of services from organisations that sponsor, collaborate and co-sponsor the Games and are organisations related thereto for the purpose of improving services for participants, and provision of first aid, cooperation with medical institutions, subscription to insurances, announcements of records (ranking, etc) and the like. In addition, it may be used by the Organisers to check the application content.
All participants are advised to take full care of themselves including a medical checkup and sufficient training when participating in a competition (participation or involvement).
The Organisers will not be responsible for injuries, illnesses, loss, and other accidents that occurred in an environment where appropriate management is exercised, such as injuries to the body due to a contact, etc. that occurred in a competition held within the normal range, unless there is intentional or gross negligence. In addition, the Organiser will take first-aid measures for accidents during a competition, but will not be responsible for subsequent procedures.
- ・The Games are subject to doping control based on the World Anti-Doping Rules and the International Masters Games Association Rules, and the anti-doping activities (doping testing and anti-doping education and enlightenment activities) will be conducted in accordance with the International Masters Association Rules.
- ・Depending on the terminal, OS, and browser used, you may not be able to apply.
- ・The Organisers will not be held responsible for delay in making application due to malfunction of Internet equipment or circuits or late arrival due to public transportation or road conditions on the day of the competition.
- ・When the competition is cancelled for reasons not attributable to the Organiser (earthquake, storms and floods, snowfall, incidents, accidents, epidemics, industrial or private disputes, wars, riots, fires, weather conditions, terrorism, (threat of a terrorism) , no compensation or refund for the participation fees, etc., will be paid. In addition, the cancellation after the completion of the application procedures will be based on the “Cancellation Policy”.
- ・Those who participate in a plurality of disciplines must check that the disciplines are not overlapped in their start time and there is enough time for preparation and participation (including travel time between venues) before making application.
- ・A total of four areas will be provided for the celebration of the Opening Ceremony, which include: the precincts of Heian Jingu Shrine, Okazaki Park , Rohm Theater near Okazaki Park and Miyako Messe Convention Center. Since the precincts of Heian Jingu Shrine are isolated strict space and the number of people allowed are limited, the entry into the area during the Opening Ceremony will be restricted (if there are many applicants, draw lots, etc.). Please be advised that for the purpose of ensuring safety of the precincts of Heian Jingu Shrine, we may ask for necessary restrictions, such as baggage screening and restrictions on foods and drinks, in addition to verifying the participants themselves.
- ・The Organisers will take out an accident insurance policy to cover “injuries incurred during the competition in the competition venue” of “Athletes and Non-Playing Officials,” but it does not cover all risks during participation in the competition.
Enquiries shall be accepted in Japanese, English, Chinese (simplified / traditional) and Korean from the Contact Form. Please understand that depending on the content of the inquiries, it may take days to respond.